Are you starting a business of your own? Do you need a mentor? Do you want to be a mentor?
Find out more on November 21st from 2.30pm – 4.30pm at the Business School at UPEI.
You will hear from the experts, the entrepreneurs and mentors themselves, on what makes a good mentor. The discussion will also help key stakeholders develop ideas around quality mentorship.
The Eventbrite Link is here.
This is being sponsored by StartUp Canada – Link here and is being organized by Georgina Bassett of Bid.Inc
Hannah Bell (+ a few friends) is organizing PEI’s first Start Competition – here are the details:
Are you the right candidate?
Have you dreamed of starting your own small business, but haven’t been able to take that first step? What would it take to get you started? You know you don’t need much – an idea, a plan, some cash, some support. Here’s your chance – tell us about your idea, and why you should be the one to win the first Start Up PEI Challenge, and you could win a package of capital, business and management skills to launch your entrepreneurial idea to the next level.
Challenge Award and Benefits: Updated April 26
Start Up Business Package now valued at over $3000, including:
- Cash prize of $500 ~ Donated by Hannah Bell, winner of the ACE Regional Competition
- Business and project planning consultancy ~ Service and mentoring provided by The Solution Agency (approx. value: $500)
- Domain name registration and website design ~ Service and mentoring provided by Logikl (approx. value: $500)
- Social media and marketing consultancy and launch ~ Service and mentoring provided by Tinker Media (approx. value: $500)
- Search engine optimization, Adwords setup and Google analytics setup ~ Service and mentoring provided by Top Search Result (approx value: $500)
- One month full membership at Queen Street Commons, providing meeting and work space, mail and intranet, printing and phone as well as invaluable networking opportunities (approx value: $200)
- 500 c0lour single sided business cards plus basic setup from KwikKopy Printing
- Valuable media exposure
- Ongoing mentorship and networking opportunities
- Applicants must be residents of PEI for at least 6 months of the year.
- No age restriction applies – minors must have the support of an appropriate legal guardian for any financial and legal requirements.
- If applying as a group rather than an individual, please ensure there is a single point of contact who is nominated as the lead for the submission.
- All entries must be in English.
- REQUIRED: Name, email, phone number for primary contact
- Other team members info if applicable
- Describe the business you want to start, and why it is innovative and/or impactful.
- Why are you qualified to make this idea happen? What makes you a (potential) entrepreneur?
- What are you doing now – are you a student, do you have a day job, is this business idea your ‘passion project’?
- How would this award make your business happen? What do you plan to do?
- What else can you tell us that you think we should know?
Written submission, no more than 3 pages
YouTube Video submission, no more than 3 minutes
Email written submission or YouTube link to email@example.com
Submissions must be received by 11:59 pm ATL May 20, 2012. Submissions received after that time will not be considered.
Competition Launch April 23 2012
Competition Close May 20 2012
Evaluation of Submissions week of May 21-25 (extend to May 30 if volume required)
Award Announcement on or by May 31 2012
Follow Up (6 months) December 1 2012